Monday, June 1, 2015

It's still hard

This won't just go away
I will have to struggle with this the rest of my life
Just because I am better now and off my medication and off therapy 
( at least for now, I feel that I need more) does not mean that I am cured now
There is no cure for depression
It is damn hard so even function in the most basic sense
It is even damn harder to battle it

Everyday it takes everything I have to get my chores done
It still break down and cry in the university bathrooms
I still break down and cry while out and about with friends 

It takes me at least twice as long to finish something .. anything
And it takes at least twice the strength to do so

I wish People would see the effort I put in to just barely appear normal
I wish I had black marks all over so people would actually see that I am sick

I am not weak. I am strong.
But I am sick and not giving in to that takes it all

No comments:

Post a Comment